Hello from Virginia Beach Va

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

hello Keith. welcome from a nearby neighbor in the portsmouth, suffolk, chesapeake area. out in churchland area/ ;et ,e lmpw of we can get together someday. mike, navycop, is out in va beach also. actually, quite a few of us around her.

PTownSubbie

Keith,

Welcome. We will be having another get together soon as the Hampton Roads IAP Chapter. I will keep you in mind when I schedule it.

Get ready for the ride of your life here! Grab that firehose and start to drink....LOL!

jasontg99

Keith,

Welcome! We have a great group of people in the area. I was just talking to Fred (PTownSubbie) about trying to get a meeting set up soon. I am not too far away (Portsmouth). Again, welcome!

Jason

ctubbs

Welcome Keith, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/librar...en_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.

Charles

navycop

Welcome Keith. As Charley (cwolfs69) mentioned I am over by Dam Neck/Oceana. I only been turning for a short time, but will share the little that I know.

marksman

When do you guys meet? I have an upcoming trip to Va Beach and would like to coordinate with the meeting. Welcome Keith!

cwolfs69

When do you guys meet? I have an upcoming trip to Va Beach and would like to coordinate with the meeting. Welcome Keith!

i don not know about the rest of the guys or any formal meeting, but being retired, just drop me a note and i would love to meet you any time. only met three of the locals so far, ed (edicehouse), mike (navycop) and fred (ptownsubbie) but would like to meet them all.

navycop

i don not know about the rest of the guys or any formal meeting, but being retired, just drop me a note and i would love to meet you any time. only met three of the locals so far, ed (edicehouse), mike (navycop) and fred (ptownsubbie) but would like to meet them all.

I say we hold the meeting at Charley's house??

Gilrock

Welcome Keith! I still feel close to that area being born in Norfolk and spent 27 years in Portsmouth. Wow 3 years experience...I expect to see some high quality work. I'm still under 6 months. :)

Gil

marksman

Fred and I are trying to coordinate a time. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom