Hello from Virginia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Hello all,

I have been poking around here for some time and decided to finally jump in. I have been working with wood for about 6 years. Mostly doing projects to furnish the house and outside. I purchased a lathe about 2 months ago and have been turning stuff ever since. I have made pens, bowls and even tried some other fancy stuff (They didn't turn out that great).
I see some of the stuff that you guys create and it amazes me!! I am looking forward to learning from all of you. I believe you can learn from everyone. Some show you the good stuff to do and others show you the stuff not to do.....
Looking forward to learning some more!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Fred.

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. Hope it helps.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

PTownSubbie

Thanks everyone for the welcome!! I have been poking around the site all evening and boy....there is some great content around here.

I have been working with segmenting for some time and have had little luck getting accurate enough cuts. I discovered many suggestions with some of the articles that are posted here.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

Fred

Yea, Another Fred! Look out we be taking over soon ...

Welcome to the Forum, Fred II! Very glad you have jumped ship for shore leave and joined in with the rest of us.

BTW, Thank You for your service to the Country! :usflag:

Top Bottom