Hello from Virginia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wingsnthings

I'm Nathan and have been turning pens only since August. I was injured on the job a bit over a year ago. My first back surgery was Nov 2015 and am scheduled for next one in Jan. I was given an old lathe in exchange for some automotive work for an elderly neighbor. It made 4 pens for my daughter and her friends before the bearings failed. My wife was already on Craigs list and found a Jet middy lathe for me. Most of my pen is have come from Woodcraft and PSI. I have become interested in nice fountain pens and am looking for better quality parts or is that can be upgraded. That is what brought me here.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I'm Nathan and have been turning pens only since August. I was injured on the job a bit over a year ago. My first back surgery was Nov 2015 and am scheduled for next one in Jan. I was given an old lathe in exchange for some automotive work for an elderly neighbor. It made 4 pens for my daughter and her friends before the bearings failed. My wife was already on Craigs list and found a Jet middy lathe for me. Most of my pen is have come from Woodcraft and PSI. I have become interested in nice fountain pens and am looking for better quality parts or is that can be upgraded. That is what brought me here.

Welcome to the site. There have been many discussions on quality of kits. Doing a search of the site will bring up some past discussions and show there is various opinions on what quality actually is. To some it means better platings, to some it means better components, to some it means more bling and so on. When you get into fountain pens you will get opinions on better nibs and better inks and better ink supply methods so again quality get bang around some. It may come down to personal choices.

Here are a couple links on the topic to get you started.

www.penturners.org/forum/f14/high-quality-pen-kits-143872/

www.penturners.org/forum/f17/change-cartridge-not-question-143711/

www.penturners.org/forum/f18/best-place-get-pen-kits-142505/

www.penturners.org/forum/f56/retail-pen-kit-quality-138341/

Top Bottom