Hello from Upstate NY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jack Giovo

I am fairly new to Turning and serious woodworking and learning turning is my main work now.

I just retired from a Nuke Plant as a phone man - no I don't glow at night:rolleyes:

I want to learn all I can about wood turning green wood to pen turning and am learning here on this site as well as a couple of others.

Thanks
Jack:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Welcome Jack. I'm in upstate NY as well. Where are you located? I'm in West Henrietta (Rochester). There are also a few others on here from other parts of upstate.

Jack Giovo

I live north of Syracuse near Pulaski directly east of Lake Ontario so the snow here is quite deep at times :eek: but we love it here even though most of our family have moved to where their work is in different states.

My shop is not heated and after this winter some serious heating consideration is under way now as it is 15 degrees for the warmest day in four days:frown:

Jack

Hi JACK,
Welcome to IAP where the fun never stops. I am a newbie here too but the people here are outstanding in abilities and knowledge of their work! Lots of info at your fingertips. I am located at the top of the state where its nothing but COLD!

bobskio2003

Oh you don't get any snow there. Come to Fulton and then we can talk about snow. No really, if you ever want to stop down, send me a PM and we'll see what we can work out. Bob I.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Jack. Been doing flat work a long time myself. Your background and tool usage will be very helpful.

Below is a link to a PDF file that gives a general overview of many possibilities in this madness - tools, methods, starting out, decisions etc. It is not exhaustive by any means nor was it intended to be. It just gives a general outline to head people (who are new to this) - in the different directions as their needs may arise. There are a few minor mistakes and quite a few things left out that hopefully will be corrected in the near future.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

burr

Greetings from out west, I am originally from Upstate not to far from you and I just noticed someone from Fulton which is even closer to were I was. I have an Uncle back there who is just starting to get into this, now I will have to let him now there areseveral from bcak there, maybe you guys could get a group going.

Top Bottom