Hello from the UK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MrResinBlanks

Trying to get to grips with forums and found way to this one too.
Use tapatalk and struggle at times but the mobile technology is so much easier for most things rather than the ties of a pc.

Anyway I am Scott based near Doncaster in the UK. Started wood turning a couple of years ago and soon realised my little Charnwood 821 wasn't up to much for big wood turning. Found my way to pen turning and spent a fortune buying just about every kit out there.
Soon realised there a huge difference in some kits over others and found some great suppliers here in UK doing better quality than some of the Chinese kits I initially jumped on.
Not doing so much pen turning now after starting my own blank and mould business.
Facing the prospect of knee surgery, working as electrician has taken its toll, I needed something I could do from home should the time come when I in recovery. Never being one to sit and so nothing working from the workshop seemed a great opportunity. After watching numerous YouTube channels and finding much inspiration I have made many blanks and love trying new things.

Oh at times I tend to waffle on too lol

With that in mind here a few of my pens with my blanks.

Hope to catch you soon

Scott
c1a878e56d998994fd46b4e71c065e29.jpg
bfda468aae0ac2b3ac5cfee2bcbe034d.jpg
cb730b220bfd6aeb92a3c29cb379b52f.jpg
2936f8d324d21c92e00281e26ba33d0a.jpg
36de457fd8ee7099932bb8dd99144606.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Hi Scott and welcome.

The model engineering show hits donc in 2 weeks time! Might see you there?

regards Ian

jttheclockman

Welcome to the site Scott. Hope you can figure out the use of whatever you are using so that you can downsize your photos just a bit.

But with that said being you posted a blown up image of your pens I see either you have an out of round situation going on or something. Maybe the method of flushing the ends is off. But I look at that third pen and the center ring has a gap and also is proud on one side and even on the opposite. That indicates an OOR situation.

Hope you take this as a suggestion and a helpful hint. We all strive for the best we can. :):)

MrResinBlanks

Hi Scott.
Welcome from the Isle of Man.
I lave your blanks, do you sell them at the moment ? or is this your plans for the future.
Thanks Ken.
Hi Ken
My blanks are indeed for sale via either my web site or Facebook. I often post on Facebook first so some never make it to the website.
Details of both should be on my signature below.

www.mrblanks.co.uk
www.facebook.com/mrresinblanks

Talltim

What is the source of the up graded kits you have found that you spoke of? Most of the kits I see, unless they are custom, seem to source back to about the same places, either China or Taiwan. I prefer the Taiwanese ones. Are there some actual European manufacturers?

-------------------------
"Good enough is the enemy of great."

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

MrResinBlanks

What is the source of the up graded kits you have found that you spoke of? Most of the kits I see, unless they are custom, seem to source back to about the same places, either China or Taiwan. I prefer the Taiwanese ones. Are there some actual European manufacturers?

-------------------------
"Good enough is the enemy of great."

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
I use Taylors Mirfield and Beaufort Ink.
Also British Made Pen Kits now.

www.mrblanks.co.uk
www.facebook.com/mrresinblanks

Top Bottom