Hello from TN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ragz

Hello all,
I'm Bill or Ragz and reside in TN. Fairly new to turning but enjoy doing pens and bowls and a few odds and ends. Background is in basic furniture woodworking, sketching and carving.

If it's not too presumptious here's a few of my latest items
in order of the attached pictures
Western Maple Burl on Copper Sierra kits, near is a pencil conversion
Box Elder Burl on copper Sierra kit
Bix Elder Bullet on gold Euro with gold USMC clip still in progress(waiting on a proper casing
Blue and white swirl acyrlic on gold Americana roller ball without the clip
First 4 pictures are done with a CA finish

Thanks for looking and or commenting if you like :)
Bill

Attachments

• sierra1.jpg
    sierra1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 136
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ragz

Thanks
If the pen pics would be better in the show pens threads let me know and I'll move them there. Wasn't sure if I could post them here or not.

Oh and I am in the Memphis area :)

dntrost

Welcome and very nice pens post pictures where ever you like and it is customary to send one of those pens to the one who replies with 3 smiley faces in there welcome responce. :):):)
Ok that is me if you need my address I will be happy to supply it...
:rolleyes:

bitshird

bill, sorry for the no caps thing, your pens look very good, there is one member close to you ,navydiver, he is in eads, and i believe stationed at millington, i live about 100 miles east in mc nairy county, not alo of turners on the west side of the state, i guess we aren't sophisticated enough, all we do is cut trees down, several over near knoxville, any way welcome to the group, look forward to seeing more of your work.

ragz

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments on my pens all

Bitshird,
There's a good chance I know him since I work on the same base and I know of only 2-3 Navy divers there and I work with one of them.

I'll post some more as I get more made. It's been pretty hot here lately and not much fun working in the shop with the heat. I do have some awesome grained cedar though that I'm anxious to get turning on though.

Daniel

Welcome Bill, And I'm sure you made a ton of instant friends by posting pictures of your work. We love pictures, lots of pictures.

Mr Vic

Hello Bill, awsome pens. The USMC pen clip looks great. May I ask where you came across it? I can sense the pride when you describe it. Retired Army myself....

Top Bottom