Hello there! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Topsy

Hi guys!

I'm Geoffrey and live in Switzerland.

I've been wanting to turn my own fountain pens for a few years now and last winter I got a very good deal on a (very) small lathe, an Emco Unimat db Sl. It is really tiny but I'm just doing what I can with it and it hasn't let me down!

Had a few things to repair and replacement parts to source but I think I've got everything now.

I hastily turned two razor kits for Christmas last year:

Kwob7Je.jpg

xXldJdw.jpg

I'm really happy with these considering I had never turned anything before. The red one (mine) is a bit choppy and uneven in some places and was the guinea pig for the blue one (present for my dad) which shows when inspecting it closely. :rolleyes:

I then didn't turn much afterwards for some reason and took it up again this summer and did these here in the last few weeks:

NPK88SI.jpg

JG5vH5u.jpg

oqRSD8I.jpg

klOiEUk.jpg

My finish isn't optimal yet and all bar one have one mistake or the other.
The tool I'm using isn't optimal either as it's actually the *look away here* corner of a chisel.. :redface:

If you like you can follow my progress on instagram.

I also seem to have acquired the 'blank possession syndrome" and have a fairly large stack that I know what I want to do with them, but don't have the kits to them yet..
I'm sure there's a different name for that already! :wink:

I'm really looking forward to progressing to pens in the near future! :)

Cheers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Geoffrey !!!!

I like the creative shaping you have done on those razor handles !!!!!

Mr Vic

Welcome Geoffrey! I was given a Unimat by a friend. I do a little aluminum and brass turning on it. Guess I should try a pen. They are great lathes for model building and last forever. The one I have is probably 40 years old. The razors look great. Can't wait to see a pen.

Top Bottom