Hello and Thank You!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rudderonly

Hello and Thank You!

Pen making and the IAP are interesting addictions. When I joined this group in 2010 I had just opened my JET mini and my goal was to learn how to turn pens. I'm happy to say that by following conversation threads, searching the library and practicing I've done that. I can now make a pen and make it well enough to be proud and say, "Yes, I did that!".

My goal thus far hasn't been to participate but to "lurk" and learn and thats exactly what I've been doing. It's been great but a couple of funny things have occurred along the way and it's only been recently that I've even realized they occurred.

I've found that if I don't log in to the IAP everyday something seems to be missing. Even without participating in the conversations or even acknowledging my presence, I've come to count on hearing what you all have to say. And to maybe learning something new every day. And to being inspired by photos of new pens and ideas. I am still amazed that so many people take the time to share so much information.

I've laughed at much of the trash talk during contests and I've suffered with many of you during failures and personal loss. I sometimes feel that I actually know some of you, having "listened" to your opinions so often. I could even recognize some of you from your youtube videos.

I've discovered that you are a community of caring, giving people, anxious and willing to share your help, knowledge and in many cases, even your blanks, kits and tools.

I suspect you already know this but I'm betting there are many others like me who greatly appreciate this community and are thankful (albeitly silently) to have a place to go where our penmaking problems have probably already been solved. Someplace we can always count on getting help if we need it.

I just wanted to finally say thanks for all the tutorials and conversations and small tidbits that make this hobby so fulfilling.

Keep up the good work. I'll be checking in every day and hopefully participating a little more and paying if forward as we go along.

Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Hi Bob!
Don't be the silent lurker. Jump on in with your questions, thoughts and especially, pics of your pens!
You probably have some other penturners near you!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It gets crowded hiding in the corners and shadow of IAP. Bring some pictures and speak up. Post often and be a part of a great group of people!

TimS124

Stepping out of the shadows is a great first step!

You've lurked long enough to expect to hear: "Pictures of it didn't happen!" :biggrin:

So, c'mon, shares some pics of your pens....we'd like to meet them (now that we've met you). :)

rudderonly

Thanks to all for the kind words. I am indeed familiar with the phrase, "Send pictures or it didn't happen". I'm a little behind with photo skills but will post a few in the coming days.

Thanks again,
Bob

Top Bottom