Hello from Sweden and today's tip!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjm

I have been a member for a while but never introduced myself to the forum. My name is Björn (which by the way means bear in Swedish) and I live in the middle part of Sweden. I am 42 years old and works as a music teacher and I have turned pens since February last year.
The reason I started was because I wanted a Pelikan M1000 but could not afford to buy one so I thought I could make one myself. In retrospect, it would probably been cheaper to buy the bird given everything I have spent on lathe equipment. But on the other hand, I would have missed all the fun

Now on to today's tip!

If you just like me need to trim the ends of the pen barrels before or after polishing you can use the "wrong end" of a barrel trimmer to trim the ends. All one needs to do is to punch holes in any abrasives of choice with a pen tube and place the punched paper on the back of the trimmer. Then, just polish until you get satisfied.
If you use thicker than pens than 7mm as I do, use sleeves that fit into the pen barrel.

/Björn

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 149
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dgscott

Welcome, Bjorn! Where is Morsil? I lived outside of Ostersund a long time ago for a while and loved every minute I was there.

Glad to see you're posting!

Doug

Ed McDonnell

I never knew that Bjorn meant bear. You learn all sorts of interesting things in this forum!

Welcome and thanks for the tip.

Ed

turncrazy43

Welcome from Georgia Bjorn. Thanks for your tip.

Top Bottom