Hello from SW Florida!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

XxLabanxX

Hello,
I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I have been into woodworking for quite awhile but I have only recently picked up woodturning. I had wanted to do it for years but due to the surrounding area I was never able to pick up the hobby as there are no real woodworking stores around (closest woodcraft is 3 hours away) nor have I been able to locate any woodworking guilds/clubs around. If they are around the Naples area they are an exclusive super secret society!! Less than a year ago I said the hell with it and I ordered a Nova Comet 2 online and I have taught myself. I have mostly stuck with pens for now and I enjoy it quite a bit. I look forward to hopefully picking up some more experience, tips and tricks from some veteran turners. From quickly looking over some images here, I think I have found the right place!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Welcome
We used to have a group in Ft Myers/Cape Coral but they have faded away. They are still around and show up on the Forum sometimes.

Super Dave

Welcome neighbor, there are no woodworking stores close. There is a woodturning club that meets in Fort Myers once a month. Good luck.

Dave

Bob Roehrig

SW Florida

Welcome to south west Florida. Check out the turning club in Fort Myers. Great club to get your basics down in using a lathe and the tools that accompany it. All kinds of turning done at this club. Pens to large pieces. Good demonstrations both local and professionals. Check it out, Google search South West Florida woodturners.

flyitfast

Welcome to IAP from San Antonio TX
Hope you find some good help.
If you add your Zip Code to your Member info, then that can be used to see if there are any other pen turners in your area - assuming they have put their Zip in their member info :biggrin:
Show us your work as you "create".
Gordon

Top Bottom