Hello from the Sunshine State ☀️

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Loucurr

Hello fellow pen turners...I just started turning a couple of months ago. I have had an old craftsman 149 model laying around the garage for years and decided to see if I could do anything with it. I quickly found that this lathe is almost impossible to find certain but important parts for. I was able to craft a live center for it through ingenuity and a motor from my dad, that he was not using, and I was up and running. I turned a lot of tool handles for my files and other tools to learn how to work the lathe.

I found YouTube to be an excellent source to getting started and quickly gravitated to making pens. After making my first pen, I was hooked! Through my endless search for more and better resources I landed here :laugh:

I look forward to becoming an active part of this group.

Lou

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Lou - happy to have you with us.

There's still time to get in on some of the BASH contests & activities. The Puzzle Contests just started today, so jump on in. Let me know if you have any questions about any of the BASH events.

Edgar

campzeke

Welcome from Tampa! Where in the land of never ending summer do you call home. Be sure to check out the Florida Georgia Penturners Gathering info in the forum. I believe the latest info can be found under FLGAPG in the forum section. It will be held at the Woodcraft store in Clearwater/Largo next Saturday and Sunday Feb 27 ~28.

Loucurr

Welcome from Tampa! Where in the land of never ending summer do you call home. Be sure to check out the Florida Georgia Penturners Gathering info in the forum. I believe the latest info can be found under FLGAPG in the forum section. It will be held at the Woodcraft store in Clearwater/Largo next Saturday and Sunday Feb 27 ~28.
I saw that...do you have to register in advanced or are walk ins allowed?

I might come down and stop in at the southern steer while there.

Last edited:

campzeke

I saw that...do you have to register in advanced or are walk ins allowed?

I might come down and stop in at the southern steer while there.

C'mon down .... No registration required as far as I have seen. Hope to see you next weekend. I plan to be there both days.

ladycop322

Welcome from Palm Beach County, FL. If you are close, I am holding a penturners' gathering at Woodcraft in Clearwater, FL, on Sat. and Sun. Feb. 27/28....There are about 40 turners attending, demonstrations and vendors :) If you have any questions, pls feel free to PM me or visit flgapg.com

What part of Fl do you live?

Michelle

Top Bottom