Hello from Spokane, Washington, USA!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jake509

Hello Everyone!

I had the wild idea of making my brother a cool wood pen for a Christmas present. Turned my first pen at Woodcraft in a Turn for Troops event and loved it! So I did a little digging into it and before I knew what had happened I had bought a lathe and over a dozen pen kits and blanks. :)

I was talking with a lumber yard owner about getting scrap pieces and he wants me to make them 25 pens for now that he can hand out to some customers. I'm having a blast making pens and coming here for inspiration!

Thank you for being such an awesome community!

PS: I would love to observe some real pen turners in action so if anyone is near Spokane, Wa and can spare some time, I'd greatly appreciate the opportunity to watch and learn from you!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP! You are a bit away from the Seattle folks, but check out any local AAW chapters. Great knowledge in the locals.

Have fun with IAP; ask any questions.

Sly Dog

Welcome from Boise

I have relatives and friends in Spokane - and a shirt that says "Spokane Doesn't Suck." It's true!:)

tomas

Welcome, Jake. We have family property up at Priest Lake, so I get to Spokane 2-3 times a year. I'll send you a PM before my next trip.

Tomas

Top Bottom