Hello from the South Carolina lowcountry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JamesB

Hello. I found this site when looking for info on CA finishes. There must be 30,000 ways to do that, I tried a few and got acceptable results once.
I've only turned a few pens and one bowl and am amazed by some of the pens pictured here. Great work to everyone here. I have lots of questions that I'll release one at a time. :)

About me: Spent 20 years in the Navy as a pharmacy technician and ended up in South Carolina when I retired. I've been woodworking for about 20 years off and on and just started turning in 2011.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year
Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Jim great to have you here. My wife and I have family in Hanahan and Moncks Corner. We also lived in Walterboro. Now we call Ware Shoals home. We have a chapter that meets monthly at Mann tool in W. Columbia. Our next meeting is 1/14/12 @ 1pm would love to see you there.

ctubbs

Welcome Jim, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

sumterdad

Hello jim, we live in sumter. It is good to see another South Carolinian. If you have any questions just post them. this is the best place for answers. And as hans has said we would love to see you at the meeting.

Top Bottom