Hello from SoCal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IkeDavid

My twelve y/o son and I are new to turning, and forums. After he expressed an interest in pen turning, we took an intro class at Rockler for a Christmas present, and whilst there they had a sale on a NOVA Comet II that included a tool set and chuck.

We had so much fun creating something useful that we ordered one and will learn together-- it beats arguing about his time playing video games:)

Our instructor gave us this website and told us to get connected to continue our learning, so here we are, peeking into a new world that we knew nothing about, but looks like a good place to begin a rewarding journey!

Thanks for having us!

David and Evan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

goldbarron

Welcome, I too live in SoCal My suggestion to you would be to find one of the local turning clubs and attend a meeting I belong to Antelope Valley Wood turners association. Our club welcomes guests. Each meeting has a demonstration that can introduce you and your son to many different projects and techniques. I know Glendale has a club too but I am not sure about any others.

Bruce

IkeDavid

Welcome, I too live in SoCal My suggestion to you would be to find one of the local turning clubs and attend a meeting I belong to Antelope Valley Wood turners association. Our club welcomes guests. Each meeting has a demonstration that can introduce you and your son to many different projects and techniques. I know Glendale has a club too but I am not sure about any others.

Bruce
Thanks, I found one in Orange County that is not too far, and will try it out!

RobS

The OC wood turners are really great. They are awesome to talk to at the OC fair. You can't go wrong hanging out with them.

Top Bottom