Hello from Smithville, Ontario, Canada

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JOHN848

Just joined the IAP and am looking forward to interacting with all you pen makers. I got into the hobby after reconstructing my woodworking shop. It is addictive as many of you have said.

I've made a few pens to see what can be made:

http://tinyurl.com/z4oxrcz

Hopefully you can see some of my first pens. The Orange/White/Blue pen was made to match the Cessna Aerobat shown in the pic under the wing of the Lancaster in Hamilton Ontario. Up to now, I was busy building an airplane, which is now ready to fly, so now I have lots of time on my hands.

I don't sell the pens - but each has a story attached to it and are made only for family and friends.

This is my first post - hope I did it right. :wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Welcome John and yes you did just fine with your first post. Took a look at your pens and you are well on your way. You even have tried some segmenting so that is great. I like that you do a nice slim look on your pens and not some bulbous shape. Your finish looks good from the photos. So now all you have to do is open up the mind and use the imagination to try new things. Segmenting has many options as well as casting and even decal work. Look forward to see what else you come up with. Hope you do decide to stick around and join in on the fun. look for our big party coming in Feb. It is a blast and a chance to show off your skills and win some prizes.

Top Bottom