Hello from Sheffield Yorkshire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dziadka

Just a quick note of introduction,I am now retired after over 50 years swallowing sawdust as a carpenter and joiner .Now I have plenty of time to make what I want to make and use exotic woods a lot of which I have never heard of.I will be happy to pool my knowledge and remember no one knows everything and no one is too old to learn.See ya around.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

Welcome! Probably no need to ask you what kind of steel your tools are made from :biggrin:

My sister & a niece live in Sheffield -- every time I visit, I intend to buy a gouge or two, but it never seems to happen (and besides, they wouldn't let me carry them onto an airplane!)

Woodchipper

duncsuss, could you take them on the plane with checked luggage? Here is what I would do- call the airline and get an answer on this. Get the name of the person that you talk to, if they say it is OK, so you can use this as a disclaimer if the airline says you can't take them on the plane in the passenger section. If that happens, someone is wrong! Keep in mind there is no consistency in airport security. An elderly lady had her knitting needles confiscated. Evidently, she looked dangerous.

duncsuss

duncsuss, could you take them on the plane with checked luggage?
I try not to check bags when I travel to UK and I know they wouldn't be allowed in the cabin. My best bet would be to leave them with one of my family (who nearly always check bags) until they come visit me :biggrin:

Top Bottom