Hello from SE PA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

richs

Hello from the suburbs of Philadelphia.

I've been reading along for a little while and decided to join. What a knowledgable bunch of people with a tremendous amount of information is available here.

I've only been turning for a few months now. I took an intro course at WoodCraft and got the fever! I've got a Jet mini and a set of HF chisels to practice on and ruin before spending the big $$ on a set of Sorby's:):)[:p].

I haven't graduated past the slimline pens yet, but hope to try some different styles as soon as I can. So far, it's a nice hobby that I enjoy and wish I had more time to devote to.

My latest adventure is playing around with a stack of Corian I scored!

Anyway, I look forward to participating and learning from the folks on here-thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

Welcome Aboard! Keep an eye out for CLEWLESS's posts re: Bubbasville in Maryland. They're on the northern Eastern Shore, not far from Philly. We get togather and swap ideas, stories, rants, etc...good time to be had by all.

Fred

Welcome to the best Pen Turning Forum on the Internet. Glad to have you with us all! [:D]

Go to the Member Tools and open Your Profile and fill out your name and etc. It helps all of us to know who you are and where you live in relation to others online here in the Forum.

barrels

Welcome to the group.... I am from Scranton .....

Have you visited Penn State Industries yet, there are some great guys at the store they are helpful. PSI is on Fairmont I cross over RT 1 at bayberry near the old nabisco plant

richs

Originally posted by karlkuehn
<br />Welcome! Nice to see another PA face! Did you go to the Woodcraft in Downingtown?

Hi Karl, yes that's where I went and I go there occasionally to restock some of my supplies (although I've been shopping around a lot to save a few $$).

richs

Originally posted by barrels
<br />Welcome to the group.... I am from Scranton .....

Have you visited Penn State Industries yet, there are some great guys at the store they are helpful. PSI is on Fairmont I cross over RT 1 at bayberry near the old nabisco plant

Hi Eric, I've been shopping with PSi online, but haven't been to their store yet.

karlkuehn

Banned
Another PA type, always a great thing! Good to see some real Americans showing up on the boards! *ducks*

We'll ignore the fact that you're from Philly. At least you got the state right! hehe

I'm set up the same way you are, Jet mini (from Woodcraft in Downingtown) and the cheapo tools from HF. So far, so good. I wonder if the more expensive tools are really better. I do tend to spend a lot of time sharpening and honing. hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom