Hello from San Antonio Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gr8macbeth

Hello everyone,

I have been working with wood for most of my life, however I only recently started turning pens. As I get older, I have found that my favorite part of woodworking is doing highly intricate things, and pens fit very well into that. I look forward to learning and participating with you all. I am attaching a few of my recent projects that I am proud of. :)

Respectfully, Joe

Attachments

• Patriotic pen.jpg
    Patriotic pen.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 2nd pen made.jpg
    2nd pen made.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Hummingbird inlay.jpg
    Hummingbird inlay.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Simple cup.jpg
    Simple cup.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Knife handle for mothers day.jpg
    Knife handle for mothers day.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 134
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Joe, welcome from another San Antonioan.

Are you aware we have an IAP Penturners Chapter (Alamo Penturners) here in San Antonio?

We meet every month on the 1st Thursday (day after tomorrow) and I'd like to invite you to join us. We meet at Woodcraft at 6:30. It is a great chance to meet other pen turners and talk pen turning. We usually have a demo that pertains to penturning or something turning related. Come on by and bring a pen or two to show.

Hope you can join us.

Gordon

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP from Ohio. I am curious of the material for the second pen? It looks beautiful.

Welcome and have FUN!

gr8macbeth

Hello,

I would love to join you. Sorry I didn't see your message until after your last meeting. I will try to make it to the next one. Thank you for inviting me.

gr8macbeth

I am curious of the material for the second pen? It looks beautiful.

Thank you for the compliment. It is Macassar Ebony cut so that I was turning the end grain. I finished with HUT satin. I actually had to use a file to get it round. The gouge was just breaking the wood apart, until I got it about 95% round. It was a fun challenge.

Top Bottom