Hello from San Antonio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stick Rounder

Hello Everyone,

My name is Doug Griffith, I have been turning pens for five months now and I love it. I have been on this site for looking around and reading articles for about two months. Thanks for having me. :bananen_smilies022:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey Doug,
I am new here too and still baffled by how to get around etc, but the knowledge is unbelievable!! I spend most of my time just looking at the photos........wishing and wanting.........glad to meet you!

S

spiritwoodturner

Welcome, Doug! Man, you're right in the middle of a hotbed of Masters in SA, like Eugene. If I lived there, I'd be mowing his lawn, sweeping his shop, whatever he let me do to earn my keep. Not to mention the food in SA, but I digress...

I would seek out some of the guys that live down there that know so very much. You're really very lucky to be so close to them.

Have fun,
Dale

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Doug. Rooting for those Spurs over here. I know there is at least 2 other pen turners from SA who recently joined this forum.

Below is a link to PDF file that gives a general and concise overview of different tools, methods and ideas related to pen turning. There are a couple of small mistakes in it that hopefully can be corrected as soon as the Birthday Bash is over at the end of February, but overall, I think it may be helpful.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

camcasper

Hey

I've been a member since 2006, but just recently started visiting the site. I live up north in stone oak.
Best,
Cam
San Antonio, TX
Remember

Top Bottom