Hello from San Antonio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks for allowing me to be part of your group. I am sure I will benefit from the knowledge and experiences you all have. I am truly a novice...have only been turning pens for about 6 months. I have made many mistakes and I think this web site will enable me to avoid more mistakes in the future. Constructive criticism can be a valuable learning tool.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Ron,

I live on the south side of San Marcos. I would love to have you come up for an afternoon anytime you want to make a drive up this way. We could work on or discuss any areas you are having problems with. Send me a PM if you are ever interested or need help.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Ron. Join in the fun and start asking questions and posting some picts of your work!

Take Curtis up on his offer! He is a fine Texan, - most of the time! :biggrin:

And one more thing: Push those Spurs into the finals! Rooting for them all the way over here!

jimm1

Welcome to the addiction.
I spent some time over Thnksgiving Break in your neck of the woods. My niece was married in Pflugerville(sp?) and was lucky enough to spend a day in San Antonio. Beautiful. The food is out of this world.
Jim

S

spiritwoodturner

Ron, you are one lucky dude. First of all, you are in the same town as Eugene, and if you go sweep his shop, mow his lawn, heck, do whatever he wants, he may teach you some magic about casting! Second, you live in the epicenter of the best puffy tacos on the planet! We hit this place down on the Riverwalk (wish I could remember the name) that was featured on a Bobby Flay show. Good Lord, if I lived there I'd weigh 400 lbs.

Wait a sec, I did live there, from 1972 through 74. But I was working for Uncle Sam and was so poor I couldn't afford to eat out much, but man, San Antonio has some killer chow. We hit another place (wish you could give me the name), Mexican food, had a really neat outdoor courtyard, a tent cover over some of it, and about 50 kinds of margies-all great!

I may have to come down and take you and Eugene out on a food mission. I guess Curtis is close too, but he doesn't look like the kind of guy that eats much. Welcome and have fun here.

Dale

el_d

Welcome Ron, I was also a San Antonian then moved to Austin after a better job. If you can take up Curtis' offer, he's a great guy and you can learn alot from him.

GO SPURS!!!

Top Bottom