Hello from S. California!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodpusher

Hello all!

This past June I retired from 30 years of teaching children, so as I was looking around seeing what I could get into I came across woodworking. I became quite fascinated and begin watching YouTube videos on the various projects but then I viewed a Pen turner. After 63 years of life I had never heard of such a thing. I bought a pencil once at a flea market that had the body of a piece of a tree limb but that's the closest I've ever come to this concept. I was instantly hooked! Fortunately I mentioned this new found fascination with a friend who just happened to be a Pen-turner. I mentioned to him that I had been over at Rockler eyeing a lathe and some other items and in wisdom he told me to slow down and make sure it's something that I really want to do. So now I'm now invited to go over to his house and see what it's all about. It was more than a coincidence that this occurred I'm sure I've been saved from making many mistakes. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Welcome Joseph. from Sydney Australia,
Your friend was very wise and fortuitous for you.
The Entry to Pen Turning can be as Deep and Expensive as you would let it.
There are items that a Novice will buy, then after some experience, he will see something that will do the job better.
Keep working with your friend, and seek his advice on every proposed purchase.
That way you will have some pennies in the bank for the things that will last with you for the Long Haul.
Regards,
Brian..

Top Bottom