Hello from Poland!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marian

Hello,

my name is Przemyslaw and I'm from Poland (Is there anybody from Poland too ?). I would like to make a pens, especially fountain pens, because I'm collector of new and vintage fountain pens.
At the moment I've ordered basic tools and stuff for pen turning. In Poland this hobby isn't popular so most of stuff I have to order from US or UK - long shipping time and higher cost :(. But I believe that writing with pen made by myself is priceless :) I hope I'll get all ordered things soon and I'll quickly start turning my pens.

I look forward being part of the group and I am very eager to learn.

Marian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philipff

Welcome, Mariana. All of my wife's family came from near Krakow. You will find many helpful people on this great site. The advise you see here will be of great help in your pursuit of turning beautiful fountain pens. Philip

Welcome...

Marian,

We are very pleased to have you visit and participate.

My family is from the small village of Chodorazek. Grandparents came from the the motherland in the late 1800's.

Keep us informed of your progress with photos and postings.

do wi dzenia,

Charlie

turncrazy43

Marian, welcome to IAP. Hope to see some of your work after you get it going. Check out the library for a lot of information you will need. Glad to have you on board.

robutacion

G'day Marian, from the land of the Kangaroos...!

Welcome to the IAP family, you could not joined a better place to learn and showcase...!

IAP has a great bunch of Vendors, where you will find things that you many need for your fountain pen making, at great prices, make sure you look in the Vendors Forums and catalogs...!

Best of luck...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

thewishman

Hello and welcome. Pen making is fun and you will always need another tool and more supplies. Even when your shop space is full, there is something else that you just have to get.:)

Krash

Przemyslaw, welcome to the best pen turning site in the world!

You will find encouragement and companions, finishes and friends, blanks and buddies here!

2ndFloor

Welcome to the forum. You'll learn a ton from those that frequent here.

I love Poland and have spent some time in Gdansk on business over the past several years. Never ran into a woodworking store while there.

marian

Thank you all for your kind welcome.
I am impressed by the atmosphere on this forum and the kindness of its members.

I hope I'll start soon :)

best regards
Marian

Jgrden

Marian:
I am American born but my family is Polish. I am interested in obtaining wood from Poland to make pens. I understand that woods from Poland are: pine 62%, Spruce 7%, Beech 7%, Oak 6% and Alder 5%. Would you be interested in trading a wood known only to Poland for a Texas Mesquite, known primarily to Texas? If so, would you educate me on the cost of mail delivery to your country? I too, make fountain pens. Grden Arts | Maker of fine Pens, Leather and so much more

John Grden

Top Bottom