Hello from Pittsburgh

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smiles

Hi, my name is Matt and I like in Pittsburgh. I have all sorts of hobbies. Winemaking, jewlery work, metalforming, raising a 5-year-old boy, staying married and so on. :)

I have yet to turn a pen, but I'm very interested. This looks like a great and enormously helpful forum.

I just received a kit from Craft Supplies USA, and should be turning my first pen soon!

--Matt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smiles

Thanks, Rick.

I do indeed hang out on the porch. I'm getting pretty good at it, too, if I do say so myself. I think you'll find me at my best lounging on the couch.

shull

Welcome Matt

I think that you will definately enjoy turning pens and you are right..this forum has HUGE amounts of information and help.

Smiles

If you enjoy wine making, you may want to turn some bottle stoppers, too :)

We finish the bottle! :)

Actually, I'll be turning my pens on a MicroMark 14" metal lathe, at least initially. I don't have a lot of experience with it; for example, I haven't cut any threads yet, but I could turn metal to make all sorts of stuff. Or at least the lathe can; I'm not if I can...

By the way, I did a search on RPM, which was too few characters. I then did "lathe speed" and found out that you guys are turning a LOT faster than I'm accustomed to.

Hosspen

Here's another welcome mat for a very welcome Matt. It really is an enormously helpful forum. With your skills in jewelry making and metal forming & turning you will undoubtably be able to help other people on the forum too. Welcome aboard!!

fountainbel

Welcome from Flanders in Belgium Matt !
Belgium, land of the famous wafers, choclat & special Trappist beers
Francis

Top Bottom