Hello from the Philippines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

baodingball

Hello from the Philippines. I recently got into wood turning because of my interest in pointed dip pen calligraphy. I need an oblique pen holder to hold the nib at a certain angle. However, good quality oblique pen holders can be expensive. And since I have an old mini metal lathe at home collecting dust, I decided I would try turning some pen holders for myself. Somehow, I developed an interest in wood turning as well. It is fun and meditative. I hope to learn lots of things about wood turning in this forum. I attached a photo of the pen holders that I made. It is not much, but they all work! The lighter ones are made from bamboo. The flange that holds the nib is made from old film canister. I hope in time, when my skill improves, I can make some fancy pen holders.

Attachments

• P1270503.jpg
    P1270503.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 113
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Gerardo, welcome to IAP from San Antonio, TX.
Your pens are interesting and well done.
Spend time in the IAP Library - there is a "ton" to learn.
Many years ago (1960's) I spent 3 years in your country. I really enjoyed it.
Happy spinning.
Gordon

BKelley

Welcome to the IAP. I think you will find the group to be very knowledgable and helpful.
I enjoyed one year in your wonderful country, many pleasant memories.

Ben

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Gerardo !!!!!

Be sure to introduce yourself in the new members section and you could be eligible for a prize. Contact member Edgar if you are wanting more information.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Gerardo.

Be sure to post some photos of your pens in the Show Off Your Pens forum. That will get you entered into a drawing for a new member prize.

Let us know if you have any questions.

baodingball

Gerardo, welcome to IAP from San Antonio, TX.
Your pens are interesting and well done.
Spend time in the IAP Library - there is a "ton" to learn.
Many years ago (1960's) I spent 3 years in your country. I really enjoyed it.
Happy spinning.
Gordon

@flyitfast, I am sure the Philippines was a lot nicer back in the sixties! I wish I can go back in time and visit the 50s and 60s. I was born in the 70s but I love those era very much, particularly the music. I do not like the music in my time (80s, 90s, and up) well at least when I was young. Now that I am older, I am beginning to apprecieate them!

To everyone, I appreciate the warm welcome. Thanks!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Geraldo. It looks like you are off to a great start, and in a specialty field. Lots of answers from folks here for any problems and I am sure you have experiences that can help us too.

Top Bottom