Hello from Palm Harbor, Fl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FingerWood

Hello All!,

My name is Scott McClain and I live in Palm Harbor, Fl. Right next to Clearwater as I'm sure many, if not all, of you have some idea where that is. Basically, the Tampa Bay area.

I'm fairly new to turning. I purchased my first lathe in January of 2016. When I purchased it I began turning ink pens and some bowls. As I learned I would need to learn other things and gather other tools to progress. I would say that learning to properly sharpen tools has been my greatest challenge and it has been quite scary at times as I made some mistakes that could have, but luckily didn't, get me hurt. At least not in a physical sense but from a monetary stance I suppose it did hurt some. Live, Learn and Move On I guess.

I continue to learn and I'm sure I will always be learning. There are many things I've not tried yet but will get to one day I'm sure.

I look forward to communicating with you all, learning from you and sharing projects and ideas.

If you care to see some of projects I've done in both turning and woodworking please feel free to visit my Facebook page dedicated to my woodworking at : https://www.facebook.com/woodmajesty/

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Loucurr

Hello from Winter Haven. I read your story about the band saw...wow! Patience in practice. I don't think I would have been able to bite my tongue that many times.

campzeke

Welcome Scott from Tampa! Let get together and compare notes someday. Send me a PM and lets see what we can come up with.

FingerWood

LOL Yea, it was quite a journey for sure! I guess the part that bothered me the most was the owner of Woodcraft not stopping on blaming it on my level of experience. There were times I was very glad and he was very lucky we were on the phone and not standing arms length! I would have made him "famous" I think! LOL

Top Bottom