Hello from PA!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lvc.dpt.16

Hey everyone,

After pondering my dad's suggestion to join IAP I am glad to say I finally have. I've only been turning for a few months but while I was home for semester break I really got into turning more and more. My dad (PSU1980) and I work together on a variety of pens trying to one-up each other and it's something that is fun for the both of us. Of course there is always a problem when we both need the lathe (trying to convince mom to get a second one :biggrin:) Anyway, I'm at currently at school so no pen turning yet but I hope to get home one of these weekends to get some turning time in. I have a bunch of photos that are waiting to be uploaded as soon as I get home so stay tuned. Please leave any comments you have, especially words of advice or concern. I know there is MUCH I have to learn and I appreciate any advice for the rookie!

Thanks,
Alex

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Alex, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.

Charles

Top Bottom