Hello from Oregon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elliepro

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad to be a part of the group. A little back ground on me, I've been turning pens for about 4 years. I love it! My husband just recent gave me a vacuum pot and a pressure pot for my birthday. I'm so excited to start using them. I had casted a few blanks last summer from PR using room temperature to cure them and had way too much fun! I hope to get to know many people here. In addition to turning, I also make wire-wrapped and beaded jewelry, as well as raise a breed of chickens called seramas that I also show.

Nice to meet you all.
Ellie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hi Helen !! . Welcome to IAP !!

Looking forward to seeing some of your work .... post your jewelry under the Forum titled "Other Things we Make" .... but I am not sure where the pictures of your chickens should go !!! ... Love to see them too !!!

rockb

Good to see you Ellie...you'll enjoy it here. Lots of friendly folk who are willing to share knowledge.

elliepro

Thank you everyone for the welcome! Magpens, thanks for letting me know about the "other things I make" link. I'll have to check it out.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Rachgard

Welcome from Texas! That's really cool about the chickens, I always had them growing up, although we got them from a program where you would take eggs in to the hardware and feed store on Easter and they would give you some baby chicks to raise. They had been dyed different "Easter" colors and stayed that way until they got their adult feathers. We had green, purple and pink chickens for a few months until they grew up! It's pretty crazy to think of it now. Are the seramas the really small, friendly chickens?

Also, I'm going to begin resin casting this weekend in a pressure pot, maybe we could be beginner buddies! Shoot me a pm if you'd like to chat!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

elliepro

J
Cool. Like Albany/Lebanon area? Yes, I'm between Lebanon and sweet home.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Thank you for all the welcoming posts. Im glad to be a part of this community.
Is there a way to post individual replies directly to people? Salon I saw some posted from an app, what is the app?

Thanks for all the info.

Happy turning,
Ellie

JimB

Welcome from western NY State!

To send a private message to someone, click on User CP in the blue bar on the top. Then on the left side of the page scroll down and you will see Private Meassage.

Top Bottom