Hello, from Omaha

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

Hi, been lurking for awhile and have now jumped in. My name is Zach and am from Omaha, Nebraska as you can see. Haven't technically made a pen yet because I am waiting for some drill bits to arrive which is frustrating, but I have done some other stuff like bowls and stoppers. I have only been turning for a couple months and really enjoy it. I have already learned a lot from everyone here and am looking forward to being part of it!

Don't know what else - just ask, I guess!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome from wet and humid Arkansas. Rescued wife from Omaha...or rather her dad did....he got them down south...lol...again welcome and have lots of fun as their is vast knowledge on this forum....I too am new to this madness and love every minute I get to spend in shop.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Hi, been lurking for awhile and have now jumped in. My name is Zach and am from Omaha, Nebraska as you can see. Haven't technically made a pen yet because I am waiting for some drill bits to arrive which is frustrating, but I have done some other stuff like bowls and stoppers. I have only been turning for a couple months and really enjoy it. I have already learned a lot from everyone here and am looking forward to being part of it!

Don't know what else - just ask, I guess!

Hello from a fellow "Husker". :biggrin:

Rollerbob

Wheaties, huh? With a screen name like that you are well on your way to becoming a champion!:biggrin: Welcome to the madness!

fyrcaptn

Omaha

Welcome from NC. My better half is from Lincoln so I'm learning a bit about Huskers.
That zoo is indeed awesome. Stay on your side of the river - Council Bluff's odds are never in your favor!
Good to have you here. Jump in as you can.

Last edited:

Ne. Gary

Hi Zach
Welcome to the group. I am a newcomer also. I live in Grand Island, but am in Omaha usually once or twice a week. If you are interested, Midwest Woodorkers in Omaha have a pretty good selction of pen stuff on hand, in case you didn't know. They are pretty nice people. I also have a grandson named Zach.
Gary

markgum

Hi Zach;
welcome to the group. I grew up in Burrrrrnaska. Couldn't stand the horizontial snow storms. :biggrin:

Wheaties

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I am really surprised how many people know about Omaha and have ties to it. Pretty cool!

Anyway, my bits should be here in the next couple days, so hopefully I can show you something and start getting pointed in the right direction!

dankc908

Welcome, Zach, from 'across the river'! I always tell people who ask me where Council Bluffs is, that we are across the river from Omaha - our largest suburb! <GRIN> I do have extra drill bits if you need one 'in a rush'. I, too, have just started turning and have been having a blast!

NascarBowl

Welcome Zach! Pen turning can be addictive, but there are much worse things out there that are addictive too, besides pen turning doesn't give you a hangover, unless you are finishing a lot of pens with laquer, polyurethane, CA or other finishes and are in a closed in space with no ventilation.... then maybe... Where was I, oh yes, Welcome, this is a great place to be, lot of great people and lots of knowledge here on this site.

Gene in Georgia

Top Bottom