Hello from Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello all im new to pen turning started around the end of jan. this year.

I am a 39 year old Plumbing and heating contractor with a love for wood.
this site is GREAT the info i have gained from here would have taken me years on my own. look forward to learning more and making new friends

Douglas:embarrassed:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Douglas! This is a fun hobby, a frustrating hobby, and expensive hobby, and addictive hobby, a rewarding hobby, . . for some and maybe the opposite for others. :biggrin: For some, it does provide a means as an income to support itself and even beyond that for a few.

Join in the fun here. Below is a link to a PDF file that is a lite (but somewhat long) overview of basic aspects of tools, finishes, methods and pens. It is not perfect and does not cover anything in detail. A few revisions need to be made but for now, it will help introduces some of the broader areas of pen turning.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

ldb2000

Welcome to the Group Douglas . If you haven't yet been there make sure that you check out the Library . The tutorials are very informative and will answer allot of questions you haven't even thought of yet .

rjwolfe3

Welcome from Mansfield, OH. We have a local meeting coming up in Columbus on April 11th at 9:00am at Wood Werks in Columbus. Hope you can attend.

JimB

Welcome Douglas. There is a lot of great information here and plently of people to answer any questions you have. There are also many people from Ohio.

Top Bottom