Hello from Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mike4066

Hi,

Names Mike and I'm new to all of this.

I've been interested in pen turning for about a year, found a lathe / tools on craigslist about 6 months ago but never found the time to use them. Last week I turned my first pen in a class at Woodcraft in Madison Wi while traveling for work. I can't say the pen turned out great, but the experience was.

I turned my second pen today and I'm excited to continue down this path. I attached a picture and plan to give it to a co-worker as a gift.

Thanks!
Mike

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome MIke! Have FUN, enjoy the forum, and we'll be knocking at your door to come to the local meetings :eek:!!!

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Welcome from Northern Ohio. Oue Ohio IAP meeting is coming up soon and will be at Hartville Hardware just down the road from you. We will provide further info, or go to the Ohio forum in Local Chapters.

mike4066

Thanks guys. It looks like my schedule is free that day so I should be able to make the meet. Gotta figure out something for the pith.

that pen was for a retired military co-worker and he loves it. Almost as much fun giving it away as making it.

Trey

Welcome Mike! I'm not sure which is more fun, making pens or seeing someone enjoy the pens I make. I hope the addiction treats you well!

Top Bottom