Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Have you ever tried to turn alluminum?

• Yes

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters

tomr1228

I hav only been turning pens for a month or so. I have been a seasoned wood worker and turner for several decades but recently just started making pens. I have been concentrating on slimline pens do to the price of the kits for a learning curve. I recently turned an aluminum pen that turned out pretty good. I look forward to learning from all of the seasoned turners here on the forums..:)

Attachments

• IMAG0511.jpg
    IMAG0511.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMAG0512.jpg
    IMAG0512.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 216
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Welcome Tom.

If you feel like making a drive this weekend, we're having a meeting in Greenbriar Just north of Conway. It usually starts around 10 and goes till 2,3,4 or even 5. But your free to come and leave whenever you need to. I know that's at least 2 hours for you, but we regularly have people from all over the state come to our meetings.

Here's a link to the thread about this meeting.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f153/may-18th-meeting-110036/

I hope you can make it.

tim self

Welcome to the big show from SE Oklahoma! That pen looks great from here. Some people just have to show off from the get go. Looking forward to your next.

NorthWest

Hello from the southeast corner! I am new to pen making as well! It has really been a learning curve and I am trying to re-learn what patience is all about! I think you will find pen turning quite addictive because of all of the different processes you must master! I thought I could "run" a woodlathe until I started making pens! lol I am making plans to go to Greenbrier Saturday!

Top Bottom