Hello from Northern Virginia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

James Schober

Hello to all. Referenced the site a few times, finally actually settling in. Been doing some hobby wood turning for a few years, been hitting pens fairly hard lately, and really getting into it.

Fortunately, my hobby is being reinforced by my father, who started me off with a Lathe he won at a raffle. It was kind junk, but got me working until I bought a Delta 46-460. Things grow, New tools, new techniques, and a lot of fun later and I have a nicely furnished shop I play in.

Not trying to make a living, but hope to start selling enough to support the hobby.

Hope to start recognizing handles on the site, and look forward to talking with you all.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bpgoldo

James, father to son is a gift unto itself. Have fun, be creative, take chances and enjoy the surprises that can develop as you cut down into the mystery of wood. Welcome.

MDWine

James!
Welcome to IAP from a fellow NOVA-ian!!
There is no place like this place near this place... THIS MUST BE THE PLACE!

There is a lot of knowledge here, so make use of it.
Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you know'm!

Get involved and have fun!!

Perhaps we need a NOVA get-together some time soon... I'm thinkin' spring.

Welcome!

James Schober

Just down the road! Like the idea of get-together. I rarely make local AAW chapter meetings, but always worth a try.

Spring is good, but I turn more in Winter, since shop is in basement and it's dark & cold outside.

Top Bottom