Hello from Northern Illinois

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

Hi,

My name is Kevin.

I am new to this Website. I started turning pens several years ago, made my share of mistakes as I self-taught. I'm really glad to have found this website. I have learned a ton already, just by reading posts and looking at pictures.

I plan to continue reading and learning. Thanks in advance!

BTW, it was mentioned that newcomers are encouraged to post a picture of a pen they made. Mine is attached. It is made from a PSI kit, tiger maple, some alcohol-based aniline dye, Thin CA (several applications), then friction polish and wax. I made them for my daughter's bridesmaids, and they really liked them.

Attachments

• Tiger Maple Stained Dark 2.jpg
    Tiger Maple Stained Dark 2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 139
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

Thanks All!

John, I am out of town Aug 10-24. Bolingbrook is about an hour south of me (I live near Antioch). I'll keep the Chicago Chapter in mind - Do you meet on a regular schedule?

Dave, I used to live in Naperville, back in the "old days" when it was a small town of 35,000 (late 1960s, early 1970s). I attended Jefferson and Washington Junior High Schools, and Freshman year at Naperville North. Also, 4 years ago I actually bought my Jet 1014VS Lathe in Naperville (craigslist). Great town!

Last edited:

liljohn1368

Welcome from Mississippi, Kevin. Great looking pen. To get entered into the contest you have to post your pen in the Show Off Your Pens forum. Sorry about not being clear on this in the welcome PM....

Thanks All!

John, I am out of town Aug 10-24. Bolingbrook is about an hour south of me (I live near Antioch). I'll keep the Chicago Chapter in mind - Do you meet on a regular schedule?

!

Welcome,
I am 20-30 min to the north of Antioch. I have been to the first 3 Chicagoland IAP meetings in Bolingbrook , all were worth the trip down. The most recent one my wife and I rode down on our scooters. It was a great time, and a pleasant ride. If you find it fits into your schedule, I second what John said, make the drive down to Bolingbrook.

Top Bottom