Hello from North Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dhendry

I'm David Hendry and I teach Electronics and Engineering Technology to HS students. I have around 150 students total. We have a unit on manufacturing in our engineering curriculum and we chose to do pen turning. We develop a spreadsheet to keep track of inventory, labor, and sales. We sell pens to families and friends for an event at the end of the year. We are hoping to get new ideas and information from this site.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Welcome David. You will find a ton of information here. Be sure to browse the library...it is excellent. BTW, I am a retired HS math teacher and live in Wichita Falls. Be sure to check the N Texas Chapter info in the Local Chapters forum. We meet quarterly at Wood World TX in N Dallas.Check your inbox. I'm sending a PM.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I'm David Hendry and I teach Electronics and Engineering Technology to HS students. I have around 150 students total. We have a unit on manufacturing in our engineering curriculum and we chose to do pen turning. We develop a spreadsheet to keep track of inventory, labor, and sales. We sell pens to families and friends for an event at the end of the year. We are hoping to get new ideas and information from this site.

jeff_in_AZ

Welcome David from Arizona. I'm an electronics engineer and work
in the semiconductor industry out here. That sounds like an interesting
project you have the kids working on. As I think about it, I've set up
my workshop sort of like an assembly line for making pens and I
usually prep about 5 blanks at a time and then turn them when we have
time. Anyway, we've had a lot of fun with it and I hope you do too.

jeff

Scruffy

Welcome David, I am new to this also but these guys are a wealth of knowledge and valuable experience.

Top Bottom