Hello from North East, MD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oldelmer1

Hello all, I've been reading for a while, and thought I would introduce myself. Been playing with wood for a number of years, but only turning for a couple of months. I have learned a ton of info from you all and will continue visiting this site every day.

I lost my job a 2 years ago, and decided to take it easy for a while. So I guess im considered retired now. I've made about 20 pens and pencils and a couple of letter openers so far, gave them all away for Christmas:). But havent posted any pictures yet, just waiting for that WOW pen to come along.

Thanks again,

Tom Macauley

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

Welcome Tom! Sorry about you losing the job. Maybe the new hobby will fill the void and soon you will wonder when you ever found time to work.
Then the "New Hobby" will become the extra income, and you can support you turning habit.. What a vicious circle.

hughbie

tom, if you're anything like the rest of us, you're your best/worst critic and if you wait for the WOW pen......you'll be keeping all of us in suspense......go ahead...post some pics....and by the way
welcome to the local nuthouse!

jthompson1995

Welcome, Tom. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Bubbasville east dates coming up. It's not too far from you, just outside Cecilton. It's a great place to meet some people face to face.

kirkfranks

Welcome Tom from another Marylander. I agree you should come to the Bubbasville East get together. I have learned a lot and it is also a good place to see a lot of the kits and styles you have not tried yet. Oh yeah we have fun too.

oldelmer1

Hi Everyone, thanks for the welcomes.

I read about this Bubbasville Eeast thing, and saw that the last meeting was cancelled. I live about 15 miles from Cecilton, so im not far away at all.

Thanks again.

RonInSpringTX

Welcome Tom....only trouble is with the WOW pen after you make it, you'll wanna keep it or your wife will steal it!!

howdy from TX
Ronnie

Randy_

Welcome aboard, Tom. I think you will enjoy it here. We have many knowledgeable members who can help with your pencrafting education.

If you haven't done so already, take a look at the IAP LIBRARY. The library has lots of interesting and useful information available and there is no fine for keeping a book for longer than three weeks!!:D

Rob

Welcome Tom...looks like we're neighbors. I'm just across the river in Harford County. It's a great bunch of folks here...enjoy. Oh, as others have mentioned, we LIKE pictures.:D

Rob

oldelmer1

RoninSpringTX,
Your right, the wife's already taken them for herself.

Rob,
Where you located, I'm off 273 right past Calvert Manor Nursing Home.

Randy,
I've already been looking at the IAP Library, and you are right, LOTS OF GREAT INFO.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!

Top Bottom