Hello from NorCal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NorCal

Hello, I'm Paul a little north of San Francisco. Started woodworking in school in 1980. After 3 years I had a long hiatus with school, family and career and started getting back into it in early 2007 as a healthy (with proper dust collection) alternative to my computer based career. I turned my first pen last year and got my boys involved. We've done several since then including some experiments with segments. Right now trying to perfect doing a CA finish but having a tough time. Great introduction for them to woodworking and good way for us to spend time together.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Welcome Paul. Check out the library here for different was to do a CA finish. I think I've read about all the different methods and tried them in different combinations. The CA/BLO method worked real good over the winter when my shop was in the mid fifites. Can't get a good finish with it in the summer heat with shop at around ninety plus but the pure Ca worked great. Finally got rain the last few weeks and now it's a real chore gettibg any finicsh in the humidity. Either way it will take practice with trial and error to find waht works best for you. When my grandson helps out I stick to friction polish - less funmes and no explaining to his mom why his fingers are stuck to his nose......Once again welcome...

tbroye

Paul

Welcome from the Central Valley little warm over her today 102F Enjoy IAP, it is a great site with lots of help and some great deals.

Top Bottom