Hello From NJ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rudya7

Hello all, I found the IAP site a little over a month ago and thought I'd take the opportunity of the birthday bash to say hello. I think I'm the second Rudy from NJ here so far. Thanks for all the wonderful tips and instructions. I've been turning pens for about 15 years but only get the chance to do a few a year around the Christmas Holidays for some friends and co workers. This is the first year that I've broken the pattern and made a few in January after being inspired by the truly amazing pens that I see posted here. I know everyone here likes pictures so I'll add a pic of some recently turned pens.

Attachments

• new pens.jpg
    new pens.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 131
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimm1

Welcome Rudy, I am familiar with Hasbrouk Heights. I lived in Jersey until 1994. Grew up in Madison, taught in Essex, Union and Passaic Counties.
Great job on the pens. Casterline Lumber in Morris Township is a good place for some exotics.

Jim

rudya7

GREAT LOOKING PENS what kind of finish do you use? very good work,glad to have you along.
I sand to 600 and then put one quick coat of ca with a cotton rag so it cures fast. I then sand to 800 and take the blanks off the lathe and use the diping laquer from PSI. It leave a durable and long lasting shine.

PostalBob

New Jersey Welcome

Hi Rudy welcome to the club and a great hobby. I live in south jersey town called Marlton, As we talk in NJ, I live at exit 4 of the NJTP. Good luck, any time your in the area let me know? Shop is always open
Take care . Postalbob

jttheclockman

Exit #9 here. Welcome to a very informative sight. I have learned so much here already. Many talented turners willing to share. Also get great sales here.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Rudy,

Don't know how I missed you. Below is a link to a PDF that helps show all the ways you can spend money in making pens! :biggrin: Seriously, it gives an overview of many of the aspects and tools in pen making. Hope it helps.

Top Bottom