Hello from NJ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jwm57

Long retired from what some would call a "speckled career", but what I call "varied experience". Been turning wood for about 20 years, but concentrating on turning for about eight. The loss of a leg, and a certain amount of mobility, caused me to stop making musical instruments. My wood shop is my bedroom, a somewhat unusual set-up, but being in an "adult condo" I don't have extra space. The lathe is a 12" swing PSI Turncrafter Commander VS - an economical lathe that is quite versatile, if not perfectly aligned from the vendor.

Most of my work is small hollow forms (I make my own tools in the Ellsworth style for these) and bowls, etc. up to about 10". I make spinning tops for recreation and pens for gifts. Nothing like having a few tops in your pocket when going to a waiting room (be it doctor's office or any other place where there may be impatient children). The smile on the child when one spins the top is nice to see, the bigger smile when you give it to him is priceless.

I found your forum when looking for a specific answer on pen finishes, I've joined as I see a fine community and various interesting threads.

Best, Jon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom