Hello from a Newbie in the SC Upstate area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

UWCBrad

I started making pens a couple weeks ago, and so far have made about 7. I still have a lot to learn.
I am an Engineer by day (which gives me the desire to figure out how to do it right)
I am a Woodworker by night (so I have the weird like of the smell and look of wood, and to make things from some beautiful woods)
I am a pen turner (and bottle topperer) because I fell in love with the lathe when I picked up an old Harbor Freight lathe a couple months ago.

I would love to be able to sell some things to offset the cost of a new lathe, but first I have much to learn.

I am sure I will be searching the forums looking for the best sources for kits and supplies and the best way to turn and finish, but for now, Hello and thanks for letting me join your forum. I';; try no to be too much of a pest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

allisnut

Welcome from Shelby NC. I'm fairly close, about 35 miles from Milliken in Spartanburg or 20 miles from the outlet malls in Gaffney.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP Brad!

Check out the forum; look at the library; ask questions - and be prepared for a wide variety of answers.

Have FUN!

From Medina, Ohio.

Sataro

Welcome from Corsicana, Texas! I had the pleasure of enjoying your state for a couple of years. Spent my time at Shaw AFB back in the 70's.

Last edited:

walshjp17

Welcome from the Charlotte area. If you're ever up this way, join us at a Central Piedmont Penturner's Group meeting (second Thursday, every other month). Next meeting is Nov.10.

Top Bottom