Hello from New Zealand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kaydubya

Hello there. I've just found this site, having started turning just a few weeks ago. I bought a midi-lathe (MC1018) and a boxed set of six basic tools and presto- my workshop has changed forever! I joined the local turning club and completed a series of six weekly lessons. I found that experience invaluable but have now turned (pun intended) mostly to making pens, which is immensely satisfying and I find it very good for building confidence in using the tools. Yes, I make plenty of mistakes but I learn something from every one of them. Youtube is great (I recommend Mike Waldt's beginner series for novices like me) but doing is the best teacher, I think. Something tells me I'm going to pick up a lot of knowledge from the good folks on this site!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome from Ohio. Wife and I visited NZ in... 1987 (I think). Drove the upper Island from top to bottom and stayed in hostels! Wonderful trip!

Enjoy IAP!

wyone

Welcome! I am fairly new here and to pen turning myself, and have to say, this is the BEST resource on the web! There are LOTS of things to read in the libraries and also just look through the forums for ideas and such. I know you will enjoy it here. I certainly do!

Top Bottom