Hello from New Mexico

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SkewedUp

My name is Doug and I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico (yes it is in the USA and no, you don't need a passport to travel here). I have been making pens for about a year. A long time lurker, I finally decided to join. I have already learned a whole lot just by visiting this forum, so I would like to thank all the members.

I know a few of the members (from another woodworking forum) but I won't embarrass them by saying who they are.

I am particularly interested in learning to turn between centers so I am hoping JohnnyCNC will make some more of his bushings when he gets off vacation.

A picture being worth a thousand words, I just uploaded a novel in my album. Hopefully that was not an improper thing to do all at once.

I am looking forward to learning even more about pen making as a member of this forum.

LOL - already had to edit my first post to correct typing errors. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by SkewedUp
LOL - already had to edit my first post to correct typing errors. :D

Doug, this is a pen turning forum. What makes you think we care about typing errors? :) Relaxation is the order of the day around here. We are a tolerant group, aren't we gang?

Originally posted by SkewedUp

My name is Doug and I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico (yes it is in the USA and no, you don't need a passport to travel here).

I hate to be the one to break it to you, Doug, but Mexico IS NOT IN the USA. It's just south. In fact, Mexico is its own country. It has its own government and borders and all.

But, you are correct about not needing a passport to go there. A birth certificate and a photo I.D. should suffice. I should know, because I've been there - Cancun, Acupulco, Mexico City - all the hot spots. I've never heard of this Las Cruces, Mexico, though. Are you sure that's where you live?

What's that? NEW Mexico? Oh. Never mind.

RonInSpringTX

Welcome Doug, we're neighbors, I'm in TX but on the other side of the state!!! Just N of Houston. Look forward to seeing your work. Love the screen-name!!!:D:D:D

Ronnie

SkewedUp

Originally posted by RonInSpringTX

Welcome Doug, we're neighbors, I'm in TX but on the other side of the state!!! Just N of Houston. Look forward to seeing your work. Love the screen-name!!!:D:D:D

Ronnie

Why thank yew neighbor! I'll just swing by and pick up Mark in Carrollton and we'll have a little picnic and practice with our skews at your place. Mapquest says that is only about 918 miles away :D

20083632334_neighbors.jpg

SkewedUp

[/quote]

Doug, this is a pen turning forum. What makes you think we care about typing errors? :) Relaxation is the order of the day around here.
[/quote]

I don't know about that Two Chop Mike. I don't know who he is, but I've heard there is some guy (maybe an ex-English teacher) that takes exception to speelling, gramar, and typeng errers :D

SkewedUp

Thanks everyone for the welcome and also thanks to everyone who took the time to look at my album and for the kind words. I am looking forward to learning more about making pens.

SkewedUp

Thanks DFM. I don't know a whole lot about Artesia, NM other than they were always the state football champs when I was in HS. Bulldogs? Yep, pretty sure they are the Bulldogs, just like Las Cruces High. Lately it's been mostly Mayfield HS (where my son went to HS) that has been dominant in football. Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

DFM

The Bulldogs won 4A State this year for the 26th time, tying the national record. Our quarterback is going to OU next year.

Nice work in your Album.

DFM

Top Bottom