Hello - New Member from Orange County, California

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snr5

Hello everyone,
I just joined this site, I'm glad to see that there is a community for this great hobby.
3 months ago I came across a pen turning video on youtube while killing time and it got my attention.
Come to find out a friend of mine had a wood lathe so I played with it a couple a times and then I knew I needed to get my own equipment: Harbor freight cheapest wood lathe was on sale and that's all it took.
Here's a picture of the pens I made so far.
I hope to learn a lot from all the members on this site: some of the pens posted are just works of art.
There is not much I can contribute knowledge wise but I will be glad to help any which way I can.
Bruno

Attachments

• Pens.jpg
    Pens.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 124
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Welcome Bruno, from Sydney, Australia.
You will find a Wealth of Experience Based Knowledge in the Library, and if anything you want to know is not there, then you will get any question answered, right here.
Great Collection of Pens, did you make those segmented Blanks?
Brian.

snr5

Welcome Bruno, from Sydney, Australia.
You will find a Wealth of Experience Based Knowledge in the Library, and if anything you want to know is not there, then you will get any question answered, right here.
Great Collection of Pens, did you make those segmented Blanks?
Brian.

Hello Brian,
I believe I will learn a lot here - I need to get better with my gloss finishing and I also will need to find another source of pen kits at some point.
yes, I made the segmented pens myself - other than the lathe and a hand drill
I do it all by hand - the cutting takes the longest...
Bruno

Top Bottom