Hello from NC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hpm67

Hi all! I am ashamed to say this, but I've been a member since 2008 and haven't been on very much. I live in NC and love turning. I've turned mostly pens with an occasional bottle stopper and a couple bowls. I have a couple wine shops near Pinehurst interested in selling my bottle stoppers so I'll be turning more of them than pens for a while.

My other interests are blacksmithing, golf and flying.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Mike, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.

Charles

Top Bottom