Hello from Mobile, Alabama

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mdavis

Hi. I am an electrical engineer, located in Mobile, Ala, who has been into woodworking in general for about 40 years, and in pen turning specifically for about 15 years. I turn them mostly for gifts. I've tried selling, and I've sold a few (less than a dozen), but have not been successful at selling in mass. I'm hoping to get some pointers about that, as I love turning pens, but I can't afford to make them just to put them on a shelf. The cost of the kits adds up after the first few. I've tried to sell pens in a flea market, a couple of craft shows, and by word of mouth. The last has been most successful for me. The last time I was in a craft show, there was another guy also selling pens. He sold nearly a hundred pens in one day, but I didn't sell any. Sure would like to figure out what I'm doing wrong. What are the essential elements in creating a successful display/booth to attract customers? Looking forward to any replies/advice/ etc.

Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Diane

Hi, Mike & Welcome from Slapout [in central Alabama] You'll love this organization--lots of helpful pen turners here--I've been helped so much--I just started pen turning even though I've been woodturning for 25+ years--just posted my 2nd pen [ever] today--Welcome again .

HappyTurning,
Diane

Top Bottom