Hello from Missouri!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello all,

Great site y'all have here, truly a wealth of information and ideas. I'm have been playing around with woodworking and wood turning in my spear time for since December 2014.

Here are a few picture of some my works i'm quite happy with:

Majestic with Maple Burl (Red dye)
Spallted Oak Trimline
'Alien Eye' Trimline
Bocote Bottle Stopper
The work shop, it's changed a bit since the photo but this is basically what i'm working with.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 102
  • alien eye.jpg
    alien eye.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 99
  • BSb.jpg
    BSb.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 142
  • 20141118_222333.jpg
    20141118_222333.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 147
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Another Welcome from MS.

I spend a lot of time around Springfield with Grizzly, BassPro, Springfield leather, Oh, and my daughter!

I can tell by your "name" that you picked up pen turning fairly quick. Well done on the turnings!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Tyler.

Very nice job on the pens & stopper. My only suggestion would be to use rounded rather than pointed tops on stoppers to make it easier on the palm when seating them in the bottle.

OZturner

Welcome Tyler, from Sydney Australia, and thanks for your Service.
Nice Pens and Bottle Stop,
Excellent set up for your Workshop. I look forward to seeing more of your output.
Regards,
Brian.

Welcome from Texas, Tyler.

Very nice job on the pens & stopper. My only suggestion would be to use rounded rather than pointed tops on stoppers to make it easier on the palm when seating them in the bottle.

I'll take it under advisement! I was experimenting with shapes to see how they looked. I was planning on giving that one to my Aunt for her birthday. I posted it on my sight to see if there was any interest in bottle stoppers and I sold it 10 minutes. Aunt ended up with a belated birthday gift.

Welcome from Colorado. Is your shop always that clean or just for the photo?

My stuff has a tendency to get cluttered sometimes but I'm kind of a neat freak in the shop. I spend about 20-30 minutes cleaning every spec of dust after any turning project. So yes, this is normal.

Top Bottom