Hello from a middle TN noob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PapaTim

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie from near Gainesboro, TN and I've just been sucked into the vortex. CSUSA should be ashamed of themselves. The wife and I went to a wood show in Nashville 2 weeks ago and CS had a booth. They had 3 lathes setup and were letting people turn a pen to take home - no charge whatsoever. The loml and I each made one and now we're stuck. I recently bought a lathe and equipment, now I need to buy pen kits and more equipment. Did I say "no charge whatsoever"? Ha! :eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Shots and pills do not exist to help you overcome this "addiction." Just be glad your wife is having as much fun as you seem to have.

Welcome to the Forum and to the hobby of spending large amounts of money and collecting equipment and tools that you just have to have.

Have fun and read the Forum daily to see what the rest of the members are up too. Oh yea, join your local chapter of the IAP!

Verne

Spats and PapaTim and others, you know who you are,
I'm sick and tired of listening to you guys, and gals, complaining to this board about being sucked into the Vortex and begging for some miraculus 12 step program to "help" you with your addiction.
It's time to Man Up, or Lady Up, or whatever. Take responsibility for your actions. Do you honestly think any of us can help you? Why do you think we all congregate around this site? Ya think we like being miserable? Naw, we are just as addicted as you are and the only fix is buying "stuff".
Yeah, that's the ticket. More stuff. Git R Dun!
Welcome to all the Nooobies!
Hope all have a happy and healthy New Year!
Vern
Disclaimer: this is an attempt at satire and is purely for the enjoyment of the author.

PapaTim

dalemcginnis has a good point. Those pushers are pretty sneaky disguising themselves as "vendors".

Vern, a 12 step program only works for someone willing to admit they have a problem. I take wood, I make it spin around and I poke it with sharp metal objects. No problem! :biggrin:

A hearty welcome from the east end of TN... If you ever get a hankering to run the Cherohala, I'm just a short ways from the foot of it.. Bad thing is you can't really see all the beauty of the landscape because you're too busy looking at the trees and trying to figure out how to get them home in trunk of your car.

This is the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!

gomeral

A warm and foggy welcome from Fresno! Your story reminds me of one I heard years ago:
Tom Lehrer said:
He gives the kids free samples because he know full well, today's young innocent faces are tomorrow's clientele.

daniel

P.S. Well, not exactly "posted," but I couldn't find another way to indent for a quote. :rolleyes:

ldb2000

dalemcginnis has a good point. Those pushers are pretty sneaky disguising themselves as "vendors".

Vern, a 12 step program only works for someone willing to admit they have a problem. I take wood, I make it spin around and I poke it with sharp metal objects. No problem! :biggrin:

Your gonna fit right in here :biggrin:
Welcome to the slippery slope to the poor house .

W3DRM

Welcome PapaTim!

You'll soon discover, if not already, that it's not a vortex - it's a BLACK HOLE that you will never get out of. Just keep pumping money in it like the rest of us and you'll know what I mean...

But, it sure is a lot of fun and keeps me off the streets. :biggrin:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
PapaTim

Welcome to the Forum (aka- Vortex Assistance Group). If you are looking to come on down Atlanta Georgia way, the Southeast Chapter will be meeting on March 21st at the Roswell Woodcraft. The Atlanta Pen Show will also be in town for out of town guests, from the 20th to the 22nd of March. See the Southeast Chapter Forum for mor information.

Robert

Top Bottom