Hello from Maryland

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PIWldcat

Greetings all!

I am a fairly new pen turner - being introduced March 2017 by a great woodworker. I turned my first pen on his Jet Lathe and shortly thereafter went out and got myself a Rikon and proceeded to get used turning various material to get the feel of the process. I also proceed to watch various YouTube videos and found out about how big the pen turning world can be - ranging from creating blanks to creating the pens themselves. What was even better was finding gatherings/symposiums that creates this great community. After being more comfortable with creating pens, I started to give them away as appreciation gifts. Being a military member, it was another way to help hone my skill set as well as acknowledging people for their hard work. So thank you for allowing me to join and look forward to being part of the bigger community.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

California, Maryland I presume.....Welcome from Northern Virginia!
Capital Area Woodturners meets in Alexandria monthly....come on over and visit sometime.

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Edward !!! . And, more importantly, thanks for your service to your country and to the rest of the free world !!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Edward, (or do you prefer - Ed?) Enjoy this madness.

I haven't dabbled in para-cord wrapping but I have looked at many uses and designs. If you get a chance, post a few pictures of your work.

Top Bottom