Hello from the Lone Star State!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I was encouraged to join this group several years ago, but for some reason I put it off. So I'm glad I finally did.

I've been turning pens for about 10 years or so, but my part-time fun and relaxation turned into a blossoming "nuisance," of sorts. I designed a few simple pens around a Texas theme, trademarked them "Taking Texas with Me(TM)," and the darned things began to take off through the specialty shops and online stores in the state. I've had enough work to keep myself and two other turners pretty busy, but one of my best turners moved out of state (which negated our "Made in Texas" mantra, a part of our advertising).

I'm in South Texas (Pleasanton, Atascosa County), and would be very interested in any folks in the driveable vicinity who might be interested in doing a little part-time custom turning. Also, since penturning can be a bit lonely, a little conversation wouldn't be a bad thing, at all.

I'm also a new grandpa. That's almost as much fun as penturning!

Jim--The Texas Penwright

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Welcome Jim, from just up the road in San Antonio.
We have a penturner club that meets at Woodcraft if you are interested.
First Thur of month at 6:30.
Show us your pens.
gordon

Last edited:

t001xa22

Jim, welcome from the other end of the Lone Star, in the DFW area. You will definitely not regret getting involved with this group. There is an immense amount of knowledge here, and there are so many folks that are willing to give it out.

ironman123

Welcome to the IAP from the central part of the Lone Star State.

Pictures of some of your work and the trademark pen would be appreciated.

Ray

Top Bottom