Hello from Lindström, Minnesota!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello IAP,

I started woodturning last summer as a hobby, but had to take a hiatus due to not having a heated garage. Now I'm back and ready to keep learning.

One of the most interesting parts for me has been the fun of making hybrid blanks. Thanks to the great community, I was able to put together a pressure pot for resin casting and, just last week, my stabilization kit came in the mail. My cheap old bandsaw from CL is also now working and I pick up my first massive CL burl purchase today!

My first ever commission request just came in with a $100 budget (eek), so I thought now would be the time to join the group and gather up the courage to step away from the pile of trimlines, haha.

View in Gallery
Black walnut bark with amber resin. Was turning out to be one of my favorite pens until I cracked a small piece of the wood when assembling. I immediately ordered an assembler press when that happened... Ugh.

View in Gallery
Scrap sapwood of California Redwood / blue resin. Learned with the first one that painted tubes are a must.

Andy Levesque

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Welcome back Andy, nice looking pens! I grew up in North Branch, not too far from you, but have been in Houston, TX for the past 11 years. I'm thinking I might be taking a hiatus this summer -- opposite problem down here!

Welcome back Andy, nice looking pens! I grew up in North Branch, not too far from you, but have been in Houston, TX for the past 11 years. I'm thinking I might be taking a hiatus this summer -- opposite problem down here!

Small world! North Branch has certainly changed in the past 11 years! You're missing out on an excellent bowl blank supplier in Stacy, but I'm sure you have plenty down there.

Dehn0045

Small world! North Branch has certainly changed in the past 11 years! You're missing out on an excellent bowl blank supplier in Stacy, but I'm sure you have plenty down there.

Yeah? What is the place called and how do I find it? I'm going to be up that way in July, would be interested in checking it out.

Yeah? What is the place called and how do I find it? I'm going to be up that way in July, would be interested in checking it out.
It's a guy that sells off CL only. Usually he'll only post once a season or so to get some more buyers, so he doesn't have a post up right now. Last time I was there he has 100+ in stock with an awesome selection and good prices. I'll PM you his contact info.

alankulwicki7

Welcome from just down the road in Vadnais Heights, MN. If you are looking for wood, let me know. I've got some Silver Maple, Walnut, Cherry and Ash looking for a new home :)

Top Bottom