Hello from Kentucky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mnerland

I'm new to turning pens, but not all that new to a wood lathe. This seems to be a very addicting and fun hobby. I'm retired Navy and picked up alot of great wood for pen blanks in my travels. So far, have made some in Koa, Rosewood, Zebrawood, and Cocobolo. Looking forward to digging in my pile of "souvenirs" to make some cool pens.
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Welcome and now for the Show and Tell of those you have made and will make in the future.

There are many penmakers in Kentucky and some beautiful timbers in Kentucky.

Have fun Mike.

Peter.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Michael, to IAP.

You have some great wood. I would use some cheaper wood to get the experience down good before using up my stock pile of great wood. I lived overseas and collected quite a bit too, and saved those woods for the special times.

Check out our Library here: Library Index - International Association of Penturners

Lots of good information there and we are open for questions all the time.

OZturner

Welcome Mike, from Sydney, Australia.
I agree 100% with Hank's Suggestion, get some fire wood, and turn it, just for the practice, and use of a sharp Skew.
Regards,
Brian.

mnerland

Humbled but I'll Show

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the club. I guess I'll show my work at the urging of some. Mine are basic "pens" and nothing like I see on this site. However I am still proud of my work at this point. I'm showing a Koa pen and pencil, Zebra pen and pencil, Padauk pen and pencil, 2 Cocobolo pens for my in-laws and a Zebra that I messed up on.

This is gonna be fun!
Mike N.

Attachments

• Pen Pics 3-4-19.jpg
    Pen Pics 3-4-19.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 107
Top Bottom